Position Title: Chapter Secretary
Purpose: The Chapter Secretary is the official keeper of the Chapter records and is responsible for recording, maintaining and updating Chapter records during her/his term of office.
Eligibility: In addition to being a Professional member in good standing and signing the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, she/he must meet the following requirement:
• Completed one year of AMTA membership.
Authority: The authority of the Chapter Secretary is conferred by the Chapter membership through election, as specified in National AMTA Bylaws and Policy.
Accountability: The Chapter Secretary is accountable to the Chapter Board, Chapter Members and AMTA National Board of Directors by virtue of election.
The Chapter Secretary agrees to uphold and abide by Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Term of Office: The Chapter Secretary shall be elected every even year for a term of two (2) years or until a successor is elected.
Relationship: The Chapter Secretary works most closely with Chapter Board members and appointees and National AMTA staff. The Chapter Secretary also communicates with Chapter members, other Chapter Secretaries, the Chapter Relations Committee, and/or other National volunteers, as appropriate.
1. Is a voting member of the Chapter Board and is familiar with Robert’s Rules of Order.
2. Distributes announcements of Chapter Board meetings and Chapter membership meetings.
3. Attends Chapter Board and membership meetings and ensures that attendance, votes and the proceedings of the meetings are recorded, maintained and retained according to the National record retention guidelines.
4. Submits required reports and volunteer rosters to the National Office.
5. Distributes minutes of Chapter Board meetings to Board members. Provides access to minutes from Chapter meetings to the Chapter membership upon request.
6. Accepts responsibilities for Chapter/Association assignments as delegated by the Chapter President.
7. May temporarily assume the responsibilities of vacant volunteer positions while working with the President, the Chapter Relations Committee and staff to fill the vacancy.
8. Shall not be the Chair of more than two (2) committees, sub-committees, special committees or workgroups.
9. Identifies, cultivates and recruits future Chapter leaders.
Approved via National Board Motion #1206:94
Revised March 2008
Updated: Motion: #1016:44 2