Education Committee Chair
Position Title: Education Committee Chair
Purpose: The OK Chapter Education Committee Chair leads the Chapter Education efforts as directed by the Chapter Board and in accordance with National AMTA Policy.
Eligibility: Must be a Professional member in good standing, and sign the Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Authority: The Chapter Education Chair is given authority by the Chapter Board of Directors through Chapter President appointment and Board vote.
Accountability: The Chapter Education Chair is accountable to the Chapter Board of Directors and the membership through reporting activities. The Chapter Education Chair agrees to uphold and abide by Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct and National Bylaws and Policy.
Term of Office: Chapter Education Chair term is one year. Chapter Board reviews all committee chair positions on an annual basis after Chapter Board elections are complete. Chapter Board may choose to reappoint the incumbent or appoint a replacement through Board vote.
Relationships: The Chapter Education Chair must work closely with Chapter Board members and appointees, and National AMTA staff. The Chapter Education Chair also communicates with Chapter members.
1. Coordinate Education activities within the Chapter at the direction of the Chapter
2. Understands and complies with National AMTA Bylaws and Policy, including national
Contract workflow for contract approval
3. Attends all Chapter meetings and Chapter Board meetings, as needed.
4. Accepts responsibilities delegated by the President.
5. Completes and submits reports to the Chapter Board as requested.
6. Coordinates Chapter Education activities, including but not limited to:
a. Develop and plan Chapter continuing education events
b. Work with Chapter board to determine number of events, potential topics and educators
c. Coordinate with educators
d. Lead on-site coordination and logistics
e. Work with chapter board regarding record retention requirements
7. Ensure Chapter events are in compliance with Oklahoma Board and Private Vocational Schools requirements
8. Develop budget for chapter education events and submit to chapter board for approval and inclusion in chapter budget.
9. Coordinates volunteer / members for education events
Time Commitment: The time commitment is approximately X hours per week. Time commitment may be considerably greater for short durations depending on Chapter activities / events.
Vacancy and Succession: A vacancy in the Chapter Education Chair position will be filled according to AMTA Bylaws and Policy.